Perhaps you are like me? I have a bad memory so “post its” and their occupying “to do” lists are ever with me and have been close companions for many years.
Yesterday however tired of the never ending little pink or yellow lists always at my elbow at my lap top, I decided instead to make my first ever “done list”. As I breezed through the day I jotted down relevant items I completed (leaving out the obvious, brush teeth, eat breakfast etc.) By mid day I was amazed at all I’d packed in (It was an average day, I didn’t make a special effort or anything). My perception of myself changed. I’d for a long while pictured myself as kind of lazy, as age took its toll. A glance at my list totally eradicated that notion! It was renewing! Why not give it a go?
Here’s my morning list (love to see yours too).
- Chill time to pray and meditate on God’s word (always a first on my list).
- Edited and posted a new flash fiction story on my blog.
- Wrote another section of my book.
- Picked up shopping and checked for movie tickets for a grandson treat.
- Picked vegetables at my allotment.
- Walked around the lake (about two miles).
- Made a healthy lunch.
- (My afternoon wasn’t as busy (I’m a morning person and take a rest in the early afternoon – a habit from living in the tropics) but it also had a few more items to add.