Your favourite recipe?
Due to my chocolate addiction it has to be this one. (About the healthiest chocolate bar you can get – tastes delicious too!)
• 14 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (warm if needed)
• 10 level tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• 5 tablespoons unsweetened, pure, grated coconut
• 1 tablespoon muscovado sugar or demerara sugar (If you don’t use dates or raisins you might want to use 2 tablespoons sugar.)
• 1 or 2 handfuls chopped dates or whole raisins
• 1 handful or less of chopped almonds (I use mixed nuts nuts)
• a pinch of salt
• 3 teaspoons cinnamon (could be more, or less, to taste) This is optional, as is almost everything else in this recipe except the coconut oil and the cocoa!
• vanilla extract
1. Stir the cocoa powder into the coconut oil till thoroughly blended.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
3. Place the mixture in either a mold or a tray approximately 3 inches by 6 inches, though this can vary depending on how thick you want your healthy chocolate bar
4. Now put it in the refrigerator. If you are making a bar, after it’s been in the fridge for about 20 or 30 minutes, you may want to score it. This will make it possible to serve it in nice little symmetrical bite-sized pieces once it’s hardened.
(Warning since it is natural the chocolate will start to melt in your fingers (hence bite size pieces) so keep tissues handy.)